It’s that time of year again! We’ll be pouring Pliny the Younger at Mohawk Bend on Tuesday, February 28. Details below!
Pliny the Younger FAQs:
- We will begin handing out tickets at 11:30am
- Each person must be present to receive a ticket (in other words, one ticket per person)
- Beer will be tapped at 4:00pm
- Groups will be served in approximately 15 minute intervals from 4-8pm
- We will call group numbers/letters as they roll out approximately every 15 minutes
- $7 per pour (one per person).
What is Pliny the Younger?
Russian River Brewing Company in Santa Rosa makes this beer available to VERY few accounts. It only pours for 2 weeks of the year. It is a Triple IPA with a 10.25% ABV.
Pliny the Younger, the man, was Pliny the Elder’s nephew and adopted son. They lived nearly 2,000 years ago! Pliny the Elder is our Double IPA, so we felt it was fitting to name our Triple IPA after his son. It is almost a true Triple IPA with triple the amount of hops as a regular I.P.A. That said, it is extremely difficult, time and space consuming, and very expensive to make. And that is why we don’t make it more often! This beer is very full-bodied with tons of hop character in the nose and throughout. It is also deceptively well-balanced and smooth.